Ben testing the “Laka” that we found in the local hardware store. Having been told that shellack is only available in small quantity and at great cost. We decided to substitute another type of sealer. When we told Laura and Ojars that we would substitute laquer, the resulting confusion and language difficulties reminded us that we are in a different country and that sometimes the simplest solution is to ‘do it yourself’. The stuff worked perfectly and we then proceeded to run a test block with a sample of the ink and using the new German ink rollers that were obtained at considerable expense. Here are some photos of the process:
Ben burnishing the test block, with a polished stone! Very appropriate to Pedvale!